Wednesday, March 4, 2009

been a while......years actually.

Sweetest Martina, wont you let me pay the tab?
Wild rose of the county Claire, Take my last Jackson for a cab.
and if we never meet again, for an hour you meant everything.
So go see the world but please remember me when you get back.

seemingly endless, anticipation.
will i hear that angelic voice again?
Chalk it up to Irish luck. He will never get that girl, in the end
and mother said, "Those Irish girls will only break your heart."

Oh my darling watering hole, please keep that pint glass full.
For i got nothing but time and patience, waiting for my Martina to show
and even those mother said "Those Irish girls will only break your heart"
Its hard to sleep with out my Martina by my side
So goes another 6 months waiting sleep deprived.

---------------

When the death man comes, in the cold dark night.
I'll make sure he knows, We dont like his kind.
If he gets to you, I'll be by your side.
I'll hold your hand to the otherside
and when heaven's gate opens up so wide
and the trumpets blare, we gotta make it inside
and im not a man with concrete beliefs but
i aint done that much wrong
i aint killed nobody

singing so it goes my soul cries freedom
so it goes my soul cries freedom

when the sky falls down we stand our ground, we aint scared
when the horsemen ride, when they're in sight, we just stare
cause their aint no use in fighting
if we aint got the time left
aint no one wrong or right
in heaven

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man! Welcome back! Love the poem. Keep em coming!