Saturday, April 25, 2009

Of Hip Hop and Country (For Victoria)

She was beautiful and quiet
as we drove through a tangerine midnight.
"If only the rear view stares
were for me" I thought."instead of those speeding
pick up trucks with out of state plates."
I shut the blinds of my eyes
and I pictured an evening;
Red white with a cheap name,
pink roses with a kind fragrance,
warm sheets to hold us both
while we hold each other.
Watching the tall and short candles
flicker inside the iris as our lips meet.
It would be perfect.
Perfect to fall into dreams
with her
after kisses on the nose
and laughs at absurdity.
It's difficult to explain,
especially when I try to say her name
and my stomach becomes a womb
for butterflies
and my heart works overtime.I
t seems so recent
that her smile could lift me
but I can't lie to myself
or to anyone
when I say I float
when she walks into a room.
And then it got colder in the backseat
knowing the breakfast sun
would come into my bed
and only wake me.
It would be another day
of meaningless work
and fucking up
because she's all you can focus on.
She looked in the mirror again
and for a second,
I think those precious eyes
finally saw me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Szev8HrT6E