Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Brothers United

Man he's down and out again,
they say this kid will never win.
and the look on his face says,
"someone just shit on my birthday cake."
someone get this kid a valium,
and a joe strummer and the mescaleros album.
"Life will be O.K! Dont be afraid! Know you're the master of your destiny."
well he dropped right out of highschool,
at the tender age of seventeen.
He sat down on my couch and smoked the memories from his brain, everyday.
Just fed up with the bullshit,
and the plight of the teenager.
I said, "toke on this, and listen quick! life only gets worse if you dont put the effort in."
he said, "sometimes man, I just wanna die!"
I replied, "I know the feeling of wanting to end your life!"
The next moment was silent.

Brothers united, full of pride and violent
towards anyone who trys to fuck with you or me.
Brothers united, until we expire.
True to oursevles, true till death.

We toasted a shot to our beloved departed,
and chugged a beer for good measurement.
Smoked a spliff, and split a bottle in dreams of better times.
and he said, "Man these are the times! When i feel so alive! And i take it back, you live for me, and I live for you!."
This kid, He finally gets it. And it's not an understatement. there's a reason why we call ourselves a family.
Without bloodline relation.

Brothers united untill we expire!
True to one another, unconditional, unbias.
Been through the same shit, throw the flames we rise! (we exist)
I pledged my life to this crew, I'd die for any of you!
Call it an act of selflessness, but its an exemplification of true friendship!

S.P.S.C. .SOUTH BOSTON, MA.

1 comment:

Toadie said...

Fucking great.

I've been getting a shit load of people messagin me about your stuff. Everyone digs it.