Sunday, December 2, 2007

An introduction to the Ian Cat.

I'm new here. In any case, I'll give the readers a little background information.

I grew up in Rhode Island but I live and go to school in Massachusetts now. I'm a musician, filmmaker, and writer. I'm into music and film more than most people realize when they meet me. I can't tell you how deep the rabbit hole goes, but I can tell you I haven't gotten bored with it yet.

For writing, my biggest influences would have to be Jack Kerouac, Bob Dylan, and Kurt Vonnegut. I'm interested in weird literature, subversive literature, and things that make people wonder "What the fuck?" when there's really no need. I'm interested in Dadaism, Fluxus, anti-art, free jazz and free improvisation, postmodernism, and other things. While I can't say I'm well-versed in these things, I'm interested and I've been exposed to some.

You can expect anything from my writing. Expect the worst and you just might get it. It just depends on what you're looking for.

2 comments:

S. Noel said...

welcome.


s.noel

Toadie said...

I second that. Welcome bro.