Monday, December 3, 2007

Madison

i can't change the way i am-
i can't-
but ask me to try-
i will-
i'll put down my drink-
i'll quit smoking again-
i'll do what i have to-
but still-
now i can't change the things i did-
it's just not who i am-
now i know you hate the things i did-
but it's not what i am-
dear God it makes me weak-
i just have to dust myself off and turn the other cheek-

don't give up on me-
no one can tell me how i got this fucked up-
maybe it's holding everything in-
ever since i was a kid-
baggage is baggage-
mine's just worn out-
but don't give up on me just yet-

because you know i said i loved the mountains-
i always said i loved the mountains-
one of these days we'll climb up there and never come back down-
but it's these city lights...

1 comment:

Toadie said...

This poem really rings true. I can relate to that alot. Great job man.