Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Gin Inside The Coffee Cup

so here we are again-
got a notice on the door-
i have to pay the rent-
but my excuse's no good-
and the money's spent-
if i don't get the cash by morning we won't have a place to live-
now i work my hands 'til they're hard to hold-
i never sleep at night any more-
it seems all i've got left is up there empty on the shelf-
i pour the gin 'til i can't think-
the drink i've hidden deep inside the coffee cup-
i've given all i have to try to pick you up-
i've given all i have to try to pick you up-
i make sure there's food to eat-
yeah, and necessities-
whatever's left i pour right down again-
and when i try to leave it grabs hold of me-
the only thing keeping me alive, i know is you-
and i can tell my self-destruction is tearing you in two-
i've given all i have to try and pick you up-
oh i pray to God that it's enough

1 comment:

Toadie said...

Ahhhh fucking great. Very Bukowski.